This Policy applies to the activities of ProductLink Distributions Pty Ltd.
We understand the importance of protecting individual privacy and the privacy of information collected about visitors to our Website, in particular information that is capable of identifying an individual (Personal Information). This policy describes how and why we collect your Personal Information, how we use it and how we protect your Personal Information.
We are committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of Personal Information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy.
Unless we obtain your written consent, we will not sell, disclose, licence or rent your Personal Information to a third party for that third party’s marketing purposes.
“Personal Information” means information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person and includes your Information. Information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific user is not Personal Information.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- when you interact with us by phone, electronically or in person;
- when you access our Website;
- from third parties such as service providers, operators of linked websites, applications and advertising on our Website, and through our social media campaigns; and
- when we provide our services to you.
What Personal Information We Collect
- your name, phone number, email address, physical address and other contact information;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- records and content of communications with us or any other person including when using Website communication tools;
- information about the goods or services you have ordered;
- information from enquiries you have made;
- to the extent permitted by law, other Personal Information provided by or obtained from third parties (such as a credit bureau) including navigation and demographic data and credit check information;
- Personal Information from your interaction with the Website and its content and advertising, including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data.
How Personal Information is used
Our principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your Personal Information is to provide you with access to and use of the Website in a personalised, safe and efficient manner. You consent to us collecting, using, storing and sharing your Personal Information:
- to provide our products and services to you;
- for the administration of our services;
- to notify you about changes to our products or services;
- to supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications based on your preferences;
- to research, develop and improve our services; and
- for technical maintenance.
In addition, we are permitted to use or disclose Personal Information held about you:
- to comply with any applicable law, request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body;
- to our directors, staff, contractors, professional advisers and related entities;
- to third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your Personal Information;
- to credit agencies (including regarding missed and late payments or other defaults or breaches on your account); or
Our Website may contain links to other websites, such as social media (eg Facebook) or third party payment sites (eg PayPal), and these third party websites may collect Personal Information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our Website.
We encourage users to be aware when they leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Storage and security
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by our personnel (ie directors, officers, employees, contractors or agents) entrusted with that authority.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user’s Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted over the Internet including via our Website, and users use the Internet and our Website and transmit information over the Internet, at their own risk.
You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Website that we do not control and have not authorised (such as webpages created by another user). We are not responsible nor liable for the use of such Cookies.
Accessing and amending your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information to our clients and Website users.
If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect or out of date, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the information corrected.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by us.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications by communicating this to us in writing at the email address below.
If you wish to have your Personal Information deleted from our database, please email us at email@example.com
Unless prohibited by law, we will take all reasonable steps to delete it (eg to avoid breaching the Public Records Act 1973).
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. It is our policy to never knowingly without parents’ consent, collect or maintain information about children.
We generally do not sell products for purchase by children, as we require a user account to be set up, credit card details to be provided and/or a PayPal account to be active. If you are under 18, you may use our Website with a parent or guardian’s prior consent, but we reserve the right not to accept your order if we believe that to sell to you is against the law, you do not have legitimate authority to authorise a purchase, you do not have the means to purchase or pay, that our products may be used inappropriately, or our products could cause harm.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org We take complaints very seriously and will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of Personal Information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Legislation.
PO Box: 948, Gisborne 3437 VIC